Good Design Izmir_8: Call for Theme
Good Design Izmir, organised by Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mediterranean Academy since 2016, is a public program that brings together design studies on Mediterranean and world issues in Izmir and carries them out in dialogue and cooperation with all stakeholders.
Every year under a specific theme, it brings together all groups engaged in design-related activities on a local, national and international scale with an egalitarian, collaborative and participatory approach and paves the way for sharing professional, educational, intellectual works on design through activities such as talks/panels, exhibitions, workshops, film screenings, performances, competitions, and projects.
Good Design Izmir will be held for the eighth time this year and we invite you to contribute to determining the theme of Good Design Izmir_8 together. We expect you to submit your theme proposals with its title, keywords and conceptual framework. Please find below the theme selection criteria and detailed information about Good Design Izmir.
The deadline for theme proposal application is 17 May 2023. Theme proposals will be evaluated by the Academy Board in line with the selection criteria.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your questions.
Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mediterranean Academy
Theme application form: http://bit.ly/42qNZZ5
Application deadline: 17 May 2023
Theme Selection Criteria
- Identity of the programme: It should continue the Good Design Izmir line suggested by past themes [‘Output’, ‘Making Space’, ‘Together’, ‘Loop’, ‘Common Futures’, ‘Common Futures Again’, ‘Vital’].
- Internationalisation: It should address Mediterranean and world issues on a local, national and international scale with a focus on design.
- Interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary approach: It should embrace all design fields and all disciplines with a focus on design.
- Relationship with the city: It should consider the qualities and capacities of the city and its region; promote social, cultural, economic and environmental revitalisation; and propose visible outputs/improvements in the city.
- Engagement with designers, institutions, city dwellers: It should arouse interest, invite and involve; make them think, encourage them to establish dialogue; inspire them to share, partner and co-produce; and pursue an egalitarian, collaborative and participatory approach.
- Timeliness: It should be present- and future-orientated.
- Expression: It should be expressed in a clear, simple, original, and universal language.